The health and safety of our Griffin tribe is our highest priority and privilege. ACA continues to coordinate with local health officials to inform our community and our efforts to minimize the impact of the COVID-19 virus on our students, families, and staff.
Due to orders issued by state and local officials, ACA will be closed until further notice. Please check back frequently for updates.
The ACA community must work together to fight COVID-19. Head to http://tea.texas.gov/staywell for vitally important public health guidance to stop the spread. If we stand apart as a community now, we will be together again soon.
Parents are encouraged to educate themselves on the policies and guidelines below to make the best decisions for their families.
VIRTUAL PARENT UNIVERSITIES: Just in time supports for you at home
- Welcome Video from Kim Neill, Director of Academic Services (CLICK HERE)
IMPORTANT PARENT COMMUNICATIONS:
- 3-31-2020 Update from the Executive Director of Schools
- 3-27-2020 Video Update from the Executive Director of Schools
- 3-27-2020 PDF Update from Executive Director of Schools
3-24-2020 Update from the Executive Director of Schools
- 3-19-2020 Update on COVID-19
- 3-18-2020 Video update from Executive Director of Schools Craig Sims on ACA's COVID-19 response and transitioning to remote learning
- 3-13-2020 COVID-19 Closure
STUDENT NUTRITION INFORMATION:
- *Updated: The meal pickup location has changed to 2800 W. Arkansas. If you ordered meals, they are available for pickup from 11-1 on your order day, either Tuesday or Wednesday.
- *Updated Student Nutrition Parent Letter
- Meal order form this link will go live each Friday for the following week's meals
- If you have any questions or need to make changes, please email Jamie DVong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact your student's campus between the hours of 9-3 weekdays for information regarding remote learning. Many teachers are using the Remind system to communicate with parents and students. If you are not receiving any Remind notifications, please contact your campus or email@example.com.
- Primary Campus 817.274.2008
- Intermediate Campus 817.303.1553
- Middle School Campus 817.987.1909
COUNSELING RESOURCES IN TIMES OF CRISIS
- To contact your School Counselor or request a meeting with your School Counselor:
- By Topic:
- For Students:
- For Parents:
- Statewide Resources for Mental Health or MISC needs; (click here)
All ACA facilities are cleaned and disinfected daily during operation. ACA uses recommended products as well as electrostatic disinfectant misting applicators to destroy germs on surfaces throughout our buildings. Additionally, staff support the sanitization efforts by using recommended products like Lysol and Clorox disinfectant wipes to sanitize multi-touch items like doorknobs, desks, etc.
WHAT CAN OUR PARENTS DO?
ACA works because of the partnership of our school and the parents of our students. Parents should support staff endeavors to review good hygiene with your family to help keep them safe. Health officials continue to recommend everyday preventive actions to lessen the spread of viruses. Practices such as:
- Stay home until fever-free for at least 24 hours without using fever-reducing medication. Do not come to school if you feel ill.
- Cover your mouth with your upper arm or a tissue when coughing or sneezing and then throw that tissue away.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Stay informed. Utilize reliable sources like the CDC to empower yourself with knowledge about the virus. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
If your student is considered a vulnerable student due to a documented underlying condition, please contact your campus to determine the best procedure to serve your student.