Amy BarrettMiddle School Counselor
The counseling program at ACA Middle School supports students in their academic, career, and personal development through the following services:
Guidance: Ms. Barrett provides guidance to benefit students’ academic skills, career planning, and social/emotional growth.
Consultation: Ms. Barrett is available to consult with students as well as parents and teachers with concerns regarding students.
Individual Planning and Counseling: Academic, career, and personal counseling are available to all students at ACA Middle School. Sessions are kept confidential unless students disclose that they are being hurt, are hurting someone else, or want to hurt themselves. Please note that school counselors provide brief individual counseling. If in depth therapy is desired, Ms. Barrett is available to provide appropriate resources.
Ms. Barrett is available to meet with students regarding:
· New student registration and orientation
· Transition to High School Educational planning
· Support for special needs
· Identifying post-secondary options consistent with interests and aptitudes Personal and SocialConcerns:
· Peer difficulties
· Student crisis and conflicts
· School adjustment concerns
· Academic pressures
· Family concerns
· Information on community services and agencies
· Information on community service activities
· Developing career awareness through Xello