Health and Counseling
Welcome to the student health services for Arlington Classics Academy. Information regarding your child's immunization requirements as well as general health topics is available here.
Health ServicesHere's a glimpse at what we do for your student(s):
- Perform state-required screenings; vision, hearing, scoliosis, and Type II Diabetes Risk Assessment.
- Administer physician ordered medications, treatments and procedures to help kids stay in school, following state laws and district policies to ensure student safety.
- Perform professional nursing assessments for ill or injured persons, providing constant monitoring to those who are in urgent need, contacting a parent and/or emergency services as the situation warrants, and referring the less urgent students to the appropriate destination (i.e. back to class!)
- Assess and provide first aid to injured students and staff
- Ensure that students are in compliance with required immunizations
- Address health education/counseling needs on an individual basis in the health room
- Serve as a resource for physical and mental health promotion, accident and injury prevention, infection control, and a safe school environment
- Work as a team member under the direction of the building administrator for crisis management issues, including assisting with drills for disaster preparedness, and preparing for emergencies
- Interact with parents to communicate their children's health needs and status
- Teach CPR, the use of the AED, first aid, and the administration of life saving medications and treatments, such as epi-pens to faculty and staff
- Work with families to locate appropriate community referrals for needed health care
- Serve as a wellness role models on their campuses
And, perhaps our most important role, we serve as an advocate for each student we encounter.
Your student's safety, health, and education are our top priorities, so we thank you for trusting us with the care of your children. If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us. We'd love to hear from you.
Primary: Denise DeWalt, R.N., Lead Nurse
Intermediate: Patricia Champion, R.N., B.S.N.
Middle School: Kim Simpson, R.N.; Becky Peacock, R.N., B.S.N.
Counseling ServicesACA counselors provide a variety of services to students including classroom counseling, character building, small group counseling, and individual counseling. Personal graduation planning is also conducted at the Middle School as appropriate. For more information concerning counseling availability, please contact the counselor of your student's campus to arrange an appointment.
Primary and Intermediate School Counselor, Jeanne Mowry
Middle School Counselor, Amy Barrett