Under HB 3, school boards are required to adopt plans in early childhood literacy and math, as well as college, career, and military readiness. All plans are required to include:
- at least one assigned district-level administrator or employee of the regional education service center for the district’s region to coordinate implementation and submit
- annual report to the board on the district’s progress;
- an annual review by the board at a public meeting;
- an annual report posted on district and campus websites; and specific, quantifiable, annual goals for five years at each campus.
Early childhood plans are required to include:
- annual goals for aggregate student growth on 3rd grade math and reading STAAR;
- annual targets for students in each group evaluated under closing the gaps domain;
- targeted professional development for classroom teachers in kindergarten through 3rd grade for campuses that the board identifies as not meeting the plan’s goals and that considers the unique needs of students in bilingual education or special language programs.
- annual targets that may be set for students in bilingual or ESL programs.
ACA's Board of Directors, in collaboration with district and campus administrators, adopted ACA's Board Goals for Early Literacy on November 19, 2020. ACA does not receive accountability data regarding CCMR (college, career, military readiness) since we do not have 9-12th grade. However, ACA does align to and adopt CCMR goals that help ensure our students are ready for high school and their education beyond high school.